Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Jelly Sandwich + Gradient Accent


Good Evening! I have a fun little jelly sandwich to share! This is the final result, but I took pics along the way! ;)

*EDIT* I don't know how many shots are required for a "photo-heavy" post, but this one has 11.

Jelly Sandwich plus gradient accent

When I sat down to do my nails last night, this was not what I had in mind. I just love it when nail art evolves! Several months ago, I stumbled upon a macro shot of Tacoma Glass Blowa by Sonoma Nail Art (on Etsy here), and was drooling for a bottle. I took a macro myself when I got it in the mail. 

glass blowa macro

Once I added the polish to my stash, I couldn't figure out a way to capture the beauty and do it justice! So it sat in my helmer for well over a month. I wanted to create a look that was completely inspired by this polish. Finally, I decided to layer it over a sheer polish and see what came to mind. The pink and blue glitter stuck out so I decided to do a gradient on my ring fingers. 

Jelly Sandwich plus gradient accent 2

I used Don't Burst My Bubble by OPI for the base under Glass Blowa. For the gradient, the pink is Mod Square from Essie, and the blue is Savage from Sinful Colors. I do want to say real fast, even though this isn't a review, that this is just two thin coats of Glass Blowa, and it was a breeze to apply FYI.  

Jelly Sandwich plus gradient accent 3

Obviously, I couldn't stop there! I love how applying a sheer polish over glitter gives it a whole new look, so I grabbed Don't Burst My Bubble again and applied one thin coat over all the nails with glitter. The results were everything I hoped they'd be!

Jelly Sandwich plus gradient accent 4

I especially love how blue glitters look in a jelly sandwich. 

Jelly Sandwich plus gradient accent 5

Jelly Sandwich plus gradient accent 6Jelly Sandwich plus gradient accent 7

Originally, I thought about making everything matte, but I decided against it in the end. However, the look was still calling for something more... so I broke out the rhinestones! I already showcased the pink and blue glitter, but the gold and black glitters are also very present in Glass Blowa

Jelly Sandwich plus gradient accent 8

I used gold stars from Mash and black rhinestones from Ebay. (Yes, I know "Ebay" is vague, but honestly, I just added them to my cart from "suggested" after I added striping tape to my cart. Also, I remember they were very cheap.) 

Jelly Sandwich plus gradient accent 9

I really think it brought the look together. 

Jelly Sandwich plus gradient accent 10

Okay, who watches Adventure Time? My accent nail is starting to remind me of Lumpy Space Princess! That star on the blended purple?! Nerd moment, and not even ashamed. Thanks for reading, have a wonderful day!

Disclaimer: All products bought by me, all opinions are my own.

2 comments:

  1. Aah!! Jelly sandwich! I don't think I own any true jellys, and I so want to try this some day, but in the mean time, I'll just stare at yours some more. that is a gorgeous result!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're sweet, thank you! I can't believe I waited so long to do this, I didn't want to take it off!

    ReplyDelete