Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Recent Mani Recap: CrowsToes + HARE polish

*crickets* Hellooo out there! ... Haha, if you're following my blog already, thank you for bearing with me these past few weeks. I was promoted at work, and the training/studying has taken a toll on my free time! I still managed to keep my nails polished and photographed, so I would like to share what I've been sporting while I have been away.

Shown below is CrowsToes Toxic Buttercup from the 2013 spring THIS collection. It is so cool in person, I tried my best to capture the shimmer that shifts pink to yellow. I layered it over Sinful Colors Unicorn because I thought it was going to be sheer, but the undies were not necessary and just caused too many layers. You can build this polish to opacity in three coats.
crows toes toxic buttercup

Next is another CrowsToes polish, also from the spring THIS collection, called L'il Miss Sunshine.

crows toes lil miss sunshine

 This one I probably should have used undies. As I built this beauty up I wasn't very patient so it dried funny near my tips. Still though it is beautiful in person. 3 coats shown.

crows tows lil miss sunshine 2

Now I have a couple polishes from Hare Polish to share, the first one is Bury the Hatchetfish from the Illuminated Life Fall 2012 collection. This is two medium coats of BTH over one coat of Ulta On Taupe Of The World, and Mash Matte top coat.  I tried my best to capture the beautiful blue glitter! Oh, and learn by burn, matte topcoats can shrink your polish! Be warned. To prevent, use a normal top coat and then matte away!

Hare polish bury the hatchetfish

One more attempt to capture the sparkle! 

Hare Polish Bury the Hatchetfish 2

Finally, I have a very layered look. It's going to be a challenge explaining exactly what I did here, I think list form will be easier to follow:
1) I started off with two coats of Sinful Colors Cinderella, which is a pastel blue with subtle pink shimmer. 
2) Then, I layered two thin coats of Hare Polish Rococo Grandeur from the 2013 The Last Queen of France collection. Rococo is a light pastel blue jelly with pink and gold glitters and subtle blue shimmer. 
3) I wanted an extra pop because I was planning on mattifying, so I grabbed Hare Polish Teen Queen, also from 2013 TLQOF collection. Teen Queen is a clear base with pink and blue glitter. I applied two thin coats. 
4) I finished it all with OPI Matte Top Coat, by far the best matte I have tried. 

hare polish teen queen and rococo grandeur

Whew! Fun and girly, reminded be of an easter egg! I'm excited to be blogging again, I have really missed it! Have a wonderful day!

Disclaimer: All polishes were purchased by me, and all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment