Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Put on your war paint!

As I said in my last post, I really wanted to do some nail art inspired by the new Fall Out Boy logo:

Fall Out Boy new logo

I thought it was a good choice for my first real nail art attempt because it is supposed to look like war paint, which is a pretty forgiving design. And also the band inspired my blog name. 

War Paint Nails Tape Mani

So on my pinky through pointer I painted the whole nail with OPI My Vampire Is Buff. I let that dry for a whole day because your polish needs to be COMPLETELY dry before putting tape on it, and also it's just so darn pretty. The next day, I taped off half my nail with regular scotch tape and added a coat of China Glaze For Audrey.

My thumb is my accent nail; my biggest canvas ;) "Put on your war paint!" is chanted throughout The Phoenix, a track off FOB's newest album Save Rock and Roll. As soon as I heard it, I new exactly what my war paint was: nail polish!

War Paint Nails Tape Mani 2

I actually write left-handed but for some reason I do everything else (use scissors, grab doorknobs, text, etc.) with my right hand. Therefore, my right hand's nails take a daily beating and I usually use my left hand for swatching. (Story of my life, nothing's simple right?) My right thumb stars in this photo because I used my good hand to paint it. I have started to wonder if I should have been right handed all along! (because my handwriting is not pretty lol) hmm...

War Paint Nails Tape Mani 3

Since this was my first time taping, it wasn't perfect, so I grabbed my silver It's So Easy! Stripe Rite striper and brushed short wisps over each "seam" to camouflage. I am actually quite pleased with it. On my left hand I alternated which side I taped off for another cool effect. I really like these colors together!

War Paint Nails Tape Mani 4

I am not sure who originally came up with this design for these nails but I personally was inspired by Polish and Pearls, and she made a video tutorial you can check out if you're interested! Thanks for reading! Please post if you create (or find) Fall Out Boy nail art! Have a wonderful day, Light 'em Up!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin (blogger)
Follow my blog with Bloglovin (tumblr)


No comments:

Post a Comment