Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Hello Polish Addicts :)

Hey! My name is Sarah, I am 23 years old and live in Austin, TX. So I finally decided I'm brave enough to start my own nail art blog. It has taken several months to muster up the courage but you gotta start somewhere. I suppose first I should address my blog name, I adore the band Fall Out Boy and have for many years so thats where FallOutNails came from and I hope I bring the name glory in posts to come! (and in case you haven't heard they have a new album you can listen to now on their website :D )

This first post will be a little wordier than future posts but hey, you just met me! Now I have pics, of course, to share...first is a collage of my very first nail art attempts! Chronologically it starts in the upper left hand corner and goes counter clockwise. Sorry if thats confusing, it just seemed to fit the frames best in my opinion. Oh and I used piZap to create it.

This collage shows my transition from the acrylic nails I had for over a year to all natural...you can see a ridge from growth in my thumb on my very first natural nail mani (bottom right). Just comment if you want to know polish names, I think the upper right glitter may draw some attention so that one is LacquerheadPolish's Save The Bows. I think using a matte top coat brought it to a whole new level of awesome. Also, no way my first attempt was free-handed, I used stencils I found at a drugstore.


Next up is my most recent attempt just so you can see I have indeed been hard at work. I first started in September of 2012 and this photo was taken last week. The white base color is OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, the red is OPI My Paprika is Hotter Than Yours, the green is OPI Did It On 'Em, the blue is OPI Can't Find My Czechbook, and the purple is Ulta Plum Perfect.

I cannot take credit for this design, I found it on a blog I adore and check daily: Chalkboard Nails I also follow her on Instagram. She was inspired by the original creator of this look, Mr. Candiipants. Thank you to both of you, this look was super easy and you only need the bottle brushes to do it!


I apologize all of the pictures in this post have been taken with my iPhone camera, BUT I promise in the future I will start taking photos with my actual camera. The next picture is my manicure from the OPI Oz Collection, I started with Don't Burst My Bubble and then added Which is Which? to my pointer and middle fingers. Although the picture is quite blurry, it does show how sparkly the polish is! 




Okay next we have a picture of the LONGEST my nails have ever been. I use Nailtiques formula 2 under every mani, and by itself in between manis. It's what my grandmother uses and she has always had beautiful nails. I also moisturize my cuticles every night with Burt's Bees Lemon Butter cuticle cream. 


The next photo is my first stamping attempt lol! I definitely need practice with this. The plate I used if you're curious is from GALS, plate GA30. I used Konad's black special polish over a regular base coat.


Whew! I hope this was a successful "welcome post" if you will, and I am ecstatic to FINALLY be a part of the nail blogging community! AHH! You can follow me on Instagram here. It is my personal account for now (which honestly is mostly nails) but most likely I will make a separate account exclusively for nail art :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment